Why Do People Give to the the Zimmerman Legal Defense Fund Trust?
Many people who have donated or who have sent letters of support take the time to explain why they support George. Here are some of the main reasons people give:
- Many people donate because they think that George shot Trayvon Martin legally in self-defense, and they recognize the need for George to have a fair trial.
- Some people who donate believe that George Zimmerman was a victim of a coordinated public-relations attack designed to cast him as a racist murderer, which he is not.
- Some people think that George was egregiously misrepresented by the media, and in particular by an audio tape edited by NBC in a way that made George appear racist, when he is not.
- Some people think that the State has over-reached with the 2nd Degree Murder charge, and they feel that charges were only filed against George Zimmerman because of political pressures, and they think that if it can happen to George, it could happen to anyone.
- Some people are afraid that George Zimmerman cannot get a fair trial because they know that the State can spend millions of tax-payer dollars on his prosecution while George is left to depend on the generosity of individuals.
If you agree with one or more of the statements above, we would like you to consider donating to the fund. The defense team has an unwavering commitment to proving George’s innocence, and we will provide him with the most zealous advocacy possible, no matter what. But we sure could use your help. We have been amazed by the number of people who have donated money and shown their support. In the next several months, we will be facing some of the biggest challenges this case has to offer, and now is the time we could use your help most of all.